In order to visit the YRS, please use our Visitor Registration System to send the following information:
- Color copy of your Ecuadorian ID or passport. The oil company operating in Yasuní National Park does not allow anyone under 18 years old to enter the station.
- Yellow fever vaccination card. This vaccine takes effect 15 days after getting the vaccine, so entrance to the YRS will not be permitted before the lapse of 15 days.
- Liability waiver in case of accident during YRS-related activities. Please sign the digital and print versions of this document.
- Detailed research proposal. If your visit to the YRS is not to do research, please send us a summary of the activities you plan to carry out.
- Research or collection permit from the Ecuadorian Ministry of Environment (if applicable).
The Ecuadorian Ministry of Environment requires permits in order to carry out research or collect specimens in Yasuní National Park.
The YRS can’t arrange these permits directly, so we suggest you do this paperwork independently or with the help of a counterpart.
The YRS promotes an interinstitutional relationship between PUCE and research groups interested in visiting Yasuní National Park. We can suggest PUCE researchers who might be interested in acting as a counterpart.
In exceptional cases, the YRS could act as a counterpart and facilitate the paperwork for the permits. We suggest becoming familiar with section IV of the environmental regulations.
You must get permission from the YRS’s directors to visit the YRS, which will be granted only after submitting all the required documents.
You should present your yellow fever vaccination card and passport or Ecuadorian ID at the oil company’s security control point at the YNP entrance.
Every time you enter the YRS, you need to have a new access letter.
The oil company at the YNP entrance requires the following:
- First aid kit
- Emergency warning triangles
- Spare tire
- Fire extinguisher
- Tailpipe safety valve (for preventing flames from escaping)
- Back-up alarm (for going in reverse)
- Electric system in good shape
- Tires in good shape
- Valid vehicle registration and SOAT (obligatory accident insurance)