Currently, the YRS comprises three work subunits, which are under PUCE’s general structure and authorities.
– Esteban Baus, Scientific Director
– Miguel Rodríguez, Director of Strategic Management and Planning
– David Lasso, Administrative Director
– Carlos Padilla, Field Coordinator
– Juan Carlos Armijos, Training and Communications Specialist
– Cecilia Fernández, Administrative Assistant
In addition, there are eight kitchen, service and maintenance staff members.
This subunit is responsible for directing, coordinating and promoting research, innovation and the transfer of knowledge and technologies related to environmental science.
This subunit directs the strategic management and planning that supports the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of initiatives that work to achieve YRS’s objectives, economic sustainability and promotion.
It also channels efforts to implement complementary actions for the YRS, which include: training, environmental education and communication, and sustainable use of natural resources.
This subunit determines and carries out technical actions related to the YRS’s management and the continuous improvement to its infrastructure and services available to its multiple users.